- Senior Wish is built on the belief that you are never too old to make a wish. To celebrate the dreams, the passions and the cherished memories of our seniors is to respect the stories of their lives. The simplest of wishes granted has a positive and lasting effect. Imagine reuniting with a long- lost friend, enjoying a game and the attention of a favourite sports hero or revisiting a childhood neighbourhood. In fulfilling their wishes, we are enriched by their journey.
- Activities that bring young and old together revive a social arrangement still important in many traditional cultures. It promotes mutual care, respect for differences and enriches the lives of everyone involved.
- Imagine spending Christmas Day alone without a single gift or telephone call. Senior Wish identifies lonely and isolated seniors in our community who would benefit from receiving a Christmas gift from a Christmas Angel. This program has grown exponentially, engaging hundreds of generous members of the community who, in the spirit of the season, shop for personalized gifts for one or more of these seniors.
Adopt A Senior
- Companionship, friendship, fulfillment and peace of mind are just some of the ways our seniors feel when they are matched with individuals or families who have something in common. This program enables them to share time, experiences and meaningful relationships. Many seniors are not alone, but are lonely and Adopt A Senior gives them something to look forward to.
- Educational programs are brought to schools where children can learn the value of establishing relationships with the senior population. Classes draw, write letters or make crafts that they bring to senior residence facilities and share time with seniors that both, many generations apart, can feel good about.
Our seminars, conferences and speaking engagements help seniors, family and community members understand issues that affect seniors and adopt positive ways to address them.
Charity Business Registration 84943 8114 RR0001
Copyright 2013. Senior Wish Association. All Rights Reserved.